Friends! (that’s all y’all)…
What is systemic domestic violence? Systemic domestic violence is the cycle of domestic violence that continues because of “gaps”, including implicit bias and policies, that prevent community members from being able to use services. Victims, survivors, and witnesses don’t speak up due to fear — fear of shame, blame, guilt. The Tucson Quilt Project “Create A Square” project helps our community build habits in “speaking up” by empowering our community to express ourselves, without shame, blame, or guilt.
Coralie Chef Ghini Satta, local artist Lonnie Smith, local musician Al Perry, the Tucson Clay Co-op, Golden Pin Lanes, and Felicia Chew are teaming up to end systemic domestic violence!
Will you join us on July 28 from 4-6p during Happy Hour to enjoy delicious food and drinks, support three local businesswomen (Felicia Chew and Coralie Satta, and Marcella Watson) participate in a community art project with the Tucson Quilt Project and help end systemic domestic violence? Say YES!!!
1. Enjoy good food and drink on the happy hour menu!
2. Enjoy live music from legendary Al Perry!
3. Create a paper square (and your own personal quilt) that will be a part of a community “quilt” that shares our voices with our community! (More info at http://www.facebook.com/tucsonquiltproject and http://www.chewfortucson.wordpress.com/tucsonquiltproject)
4. Cost: $18/single guest; $30/couple includes a drink of your choice, tapas to share, one raffle ticket, and all supplies for creating a personal quilt (and a square for a community quilt). All proceeds go to helping end systemic domestic violence (www.chewfortucson.wordpress.com/dvss)
5. Raffle Prizes include: Art by local artist Lonnie Smith ($125 value), a Satuday evening clay party for four at the Tucson Co-op ($80 value), 2 hours of bowling at Golden Pin Lanes for four, including shoes, and more!
6. Additional Raffle Tickets available (5 tickets for $7 — need not be present to win).
RSVP at http://www.chewfortucson.wordpress.com/register Please Like and Share this event listing!