Freedom BECAUSE of Government (not Freedom IN SPITE of Government)
“Why learn to fight?”
“So you don’t have to fight.”
(from The Karate Kid)
This is similar to the sentiment that should be held about being in a position of governance:
“Why be in a position of governance?”
“So we can give people back the power to govern.”
(From Vote Felicia Chew, http://www.feliciachew.com/2020)
Here is what a government SHOULD do:
- A government should provide SUPPORT to the people who it is given to govern.
- A government should provide a Hand Up.
- A government should EMPOWER the people.
- A government should be working BEHIND THE SCENES to keep things moving smoothly.
- A government should provide the ability to all people to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Here is what a government should NOT do:
- A government should NOT “control” the people.
- A government should NOT provide Hand-Outs.
- A government should NOT create people who are DEPENDENT on the government.
Our country should not be ABOUT the government. The Government should be ABOUT the people.
Vote Felicia Chew for 2020 Pima County Supervisor, District 3 and 2020 Amphitheater Public School Board Governing Member
Creativity + humanity + empowerment + wisdom
“We are each a piece of the puzzle of life, without each of us our picture is incomplete.”